Monday 5 August 2013

Scared Street

I am absolutely infuriated by a man who has just followed me to my house in his car. I was walking down a busy main road after a really great day, when a car beeped me. I looked behind me and saw a man waving me down, which was curious to me as I don't know anyone who drives a burgundy seven seater. The car drove on and turned down my road and I thought it would just carry on going. When I got to the top of my road, the car was waiting for me with a forty-something man inside, looking grotesque and sweaty. I walked on and the man focused on my every move. He drove off and then a minute later came driving up the road again. He pulled over and asked me to get in his car. I said no and carried on walking. He backed up and asked me again. I told him no and questioned his actions, calling him a, "Freak." He told me I was gorgeous and asked me if I needed a lift and by this point I was wound up, scared and a bit anxious. I told him he was scaring me and that it wasn't right for a man to be flagging down young girls and asking them to get in his car which seemed like it offended him. I walked toward my door and told him to go away, locking myself in. I looked through the key hole and the man drove around for a third time.

Men like this shouldn't be allowed to scare girls on their own street. I have been in London all day and was on my guard constantly. I thought I was safe in my own street but no. The area I live in isn't known for being pleasant and the street at the end of mine is infamous for prostitution. I'm just thankful it was daytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment